Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The Confession of a College Student Part One


Are you ready to face your fears
, get discouraged, acquire a new way of thinking while developing self confidence? Going to college is not a joke. Facing uncertainty and grabbing the bull by the horn is the story of a college student confession. I hope you like it.


I started college
when I was twenty-seven years old. It was my wish to attend college earlier on but the opportunity did not present itself until I was at that age. I had to deal with a ten-year learning gap. As a result, I started out taking basic skill courses in Math and English.

College course overload a fatal mistake
I wanted to hasten my course work and I made the infallible mistake of taking a course overload. Basic skill course work only gives you one credit for four hours of work. Not to mention lab work. At the time, I was working full-time and carrying a course load of over sixteen hours. This was a fatal mistake on my part. The first semester I took two college level courses with the two basic skill courses that included lab work.


I did well
on my two college level classes. Unfortunately, I had to retake my writing class. This was more intense and I did not put much time in my lab work. I felt disappointed with me and with my professor. He was discouraging to the point of frustration. This professor did not help me to correct my errors. He could pinpoint my mistakes but his guidance was inadequate.


Early Discouragement led to persistence


I felt I would not
get out of this class. The following semester I registered for the same class but with a different professor. The course work was more intensive. It forces me to look at my errors, get help and I passed the class with flying colors. My professor congratulated me when I exited his class. It was the most wonderful day of my life. I finally made it. Now I was able to enroll in a college level English class. This class was English 101. It was a revelation but something I enjoyed. What I learned in this class and how I did in the finals? Stay tuned for part 2… of the confession of a college student.

Copyrighted © by Annmarie Edwards
Free College Resource

http://lifehacker.com/software/education/technophilia-get-a-free-college-education-online-201979.php

No comments: