Friday, April 6, 2007

College Students Advisor On Board

Becoming a college student today is a great accomplishment in achieving your goals. As your advisor I can tell you this is not an easy journey. You've to make a lot of sacrifice. For starters, you need to know your major at the onset. If you don't know your major at this time don't worry. I would suggest enroll in some liberal arts courses for the time being. Talk to your college advisor at your college for some directions as to the path you should take. Every college has their own policy. Check with your college before you enroll in a unit of study.

On Your Path To Success

Things you should do
1. What is your life's mission?
Begin to write your mission statement now.

2. What are you passionate about? Your passion will help to drive your career. Without passion your are wasting time.

3. Develop a 5 year plan. What are some of the things you want to accomplish in 5 years. Begin to write them down now. Commit to your plan everyday to accomplish your goals.

4. Exercise everyday to maintain your energy level.

5. Meditate to clear your mind and get inner direction as to the path you should take.

6. Enjoy your career journey and note that you're making the best investment in yourself.

Next time I will talk more about assessment and how it can help you on your journey. So long now.


http://snipurl.com/1e6xr







Career & Job Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory

2 comments:

Faith Draper aka byfaithonly said...

Great advice for students, thank you. I am afraid for myself I have had a problem with #3 - The 5 year plan. Over the last 30 years I've found myself making plans only to have them changed by others - marriage, children, ok more children, jobs, divorce.

5 year plan sounds great but we also need to be flexible for those things in life that do change.

At age 52 I am once again planning to go to college but find financing a big concern. I did find a site to help called Student Aid Centers http://www.studentaidcenters.org I've never used a service like this so it will be interesting to see how they help.

Dr. Annmarie Edwards said...

Thanks Faith for your comment. There are scholarship available for students who want to go back to school especially people your age. If you check your local library for scholarship and grants you will find something. I found scholarships at my bank and at the library when I went to college. Best of luck.

Thanks again for stopping by.